Welcome to Our Collage
Seth Kesarimal Porwal College, Kamptee was established in the year 1965, under the auspices of Shikshan Prasarak Mandal, Kamptee to cater to the educational needs of the economically backward, socially deprived and diverse minority population of Kamptee town and the surrounding villages which were not having adequate avenues for higher education and self development. Thus the vision of the institute is:
- Education for all
- Education as a means of elimination of poverty.
- Education as means of social inclusiveness and communal harmony
- To cater for all-round development of the students including academic sports and cultural development
- To develop a sense of community feeling among the students
- To develop social awareness and social commitment in the students
- To develop leadership and proactive qualities among the students so as to be competitive and successful in career building
- To provide higher education from junior college level to graduation, post graduation and Ph. D.
- To ensure employment through placement cell
- To provide career orientated programme, based on the needs of industry and employer
About the College
- Affiliation to Nagpur University since 1965
- NAAC Accredited with B grade.
- Separate buildings for Junior and Degree College.
- Multi-Faculty College:- Science, Arts, Commerce
- First college affiliated to Nagpur University to start UG & PG Courses in Information Technology.
- PG Courses in Chemistry and Microbiology.
- YCMOU runs courses in B.A., B.Com.
- UGC Sponsored add on course in Functional English.
- Nominated as Lead College by RTM Nagpur University in 2006.
- Separate Hockey, Cricket and Football Grounds in college campus to conduct first class matches.
- Well equipped PG Labs and Language Lab.
- Add on certificate Courses: Courses under the auspices Shikshan Abhiyan project of RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur, Certificate courses in IT, Pathology, and Aquaculture.
- Fish pond in the college campus.
- Botanical Garden